Thursday, June 24, 2010

Darren Danger and Dot

Here I am  holding my 2009 Epiphone Dot Deluxe, my newest guitar.  I bought it in February.  I will be using it tonight because every Thursday night my band (presently called Avondale, but we are trying to come up with a  new name) practices at my house.  We play a variety of rock, punk, new wave, and reggae songs. About half are cover songs and half are songs I have written.  I have been hosting a night of music, wherever I've lived, every week for about 15 years now.  Now, with a basement, I have a pretty decent setup.  I have a drum kit and sound system permanently set up, so it is easy for us to just plug in and start playing.  We have a small entourage of regular fans that come and watch us.  Someday we may venture out and play somewhere, but we mostly just play to entertain ourselves. 

No comments:

Post a Comment